1. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to those who are, as of the date of entry, of legal age in their jurisdiction of residence and legal residents of the continental United States or the District of Columbia. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Norbord, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively, the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”), and represent that they meet the eligibility requirements. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding as they relate to the conduct of this Sweepstakes and the interpretation of the Rules.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting at 12:01 a.m., Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 29, 2019 and ending at 11:59 p.m., ET, on September 30, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s clock determines time of entry.
4. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, entrants must visit www.instagram.com/becomeaframerusa and follow our Instagram account, like the giveaway post, and tag 3 friends in order to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not comply with the Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Only one entry is permitted per person. Use of multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Rules is prohibited and may result in disqualification of the entry, in the discretion of Sponsor. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
5. Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded by random drawing in the order of selection:
|100||$100 Home Depot® Gift Card|
|24||Estwing® Al-Pro® Hammer (ARV* $130)|
|*Approximate Retail Value|
Aggregate value of all prizes is $13,120. Home Depot® is the registered trademark of Home Depot Product Authority, LLC. Estwing® and Al-Pro® are the registered trademarks of Estwing Manufacturing Company, Inc. This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by either of the aforesaid trademark owners. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. Prizes are not transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation, any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries timely received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Each potential winner will be selected by random drawing by or under the supervision of Sponsor. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return by overnight courier and/or email, the affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, except where prohibited, publicity release (collectively, the “Release”) forms provided by Sponsor, within ten (10) days of receipt in order to receive a prize. If the potential winner fails to return the Release within the ten (10) days or if the potential winner is deemed to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from among all eligible entries received, if time permits. If a potential winner is not reachable at the e-mail address provided to Sponsor, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Receipt of a prize is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website; violates the Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes.
8. Rights Granted by Entrant: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor, anyone acting on its behalf, and its licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the entrant’s world, without limitation, entrant’s entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent to the extent provided by law.
9. Terms & Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. In such event, Sponsor would award prize via random drawing from eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Rules. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram and Sponsor’s subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, nonuse, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; or (iv) unauthorized human intervention in, or electronic or human error in the administration of, the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
11. Force Majeure: EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, SPONSOR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIVISIONS, AND ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE TO PERFORM, OR DELAY IN PERFORMANCE OF, ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OBLIGATIONS THAT ARE CAUSED BY EVENTS OUTSIDE OF THEIR REASONABLE CONTROL. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THE SWEEPSTAKES TERMINATES OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE USED OR REDEEMED DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, WAR, TERRORISM, EXPLOSIONS, FIRES, FLOODS OR OTHER NATURAL CALAMITIES, BAD WEATHER, STRIKES, RIOT, CIVIL DISRUPTION, INTERNET FAILURES, OR OTHER ACTS OF GOD OR THE WINNER, OR FOR ANY OTHER OCCURRENCES WHICH ARE OUTSIDE OF SPONSOR’S REASONABLE CONTROL.
12. Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of Minnesota, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the County of Beltrami, State of Minnesota having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners’ List: : To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after October 31, 2019 but before December 31, 2019 to Norbord, Inc., 1 Toronto Street, Suite 600, Toronto, ON M5C 2W4, Canada. Attention: Become A Framer Sweepstakes.
15. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Norbord, Inc., c/o Norbord Minnesota, 4409 Northwood Road NW, Solway, Minnesota 56678